Want personal, one-on-one feedback on your idea or screenplay?
When you're developing a story or screenplay, one of the hardest things to do is to take a step back and get out of your own head.
We've all been there. Spinning our wheels on a script and getting stuck with questions like:
- Is this the right idea for me to pursue?
- How do I get the most out of my characters, world, and concept?
- Is what I've written evocative, communicating, and working?
- How do I make what I have even stronger?
At first glance, these questions may seem too subjective to answer helpfully. Person A might tell you one thing, Person B might tell you another, and neither are wrong.
So, how do you know who to trust? The way we see it, there are two major factors to consider:
1. Does the note-giver know story?
2. Does the note-giver want you to write their version of your story, or your version?
Ultimately, you need someone who understands underpinnings of story structure and why some stories work and others don't—not just "what would be cool."
And, you need someone who won't try to "fix" your story for you, but rather will guide you towards finding a solution in your own unique voice as a writer.
But we know how hard it is to find someone like that—especially if you don't live in Hollywood.
So, we designed a service to give screenwriters the kind of feedback we wish we had when we were first starting out.